The chapter holds an annual full-day event of photography programs for residents of Southern California including Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Kings, and Inyo counties; as well as Clark, Lincoln, and Nye counties in Nevada.
Next Meeting (held in conjunction with the Southern California Council of Camera Clubs - S4C)
• George Lepp, "Extreme Capture Techniques in Nature Photography," sponsored by Canon Explorers of Light
• Robert OToole, "A Passion for Wildlife Photography," sponsored by Sigma USA
• John Izumi, KEH, buying used camera bodies and lenses. Read "How to increase the resale value of the gear
you are selling!"
• Lance Folden, Canon, showing the latest Canon cameras and lenses, and answering questions.
• Sigma, showing the latest Sigma lenses and answering questions.
On both Friday, April 25, and Saturday, April 26, from 6:30 until 8:30pm there will be a photo walk-about around the historic and very photogenic Mission Inn led by Jan Maguire FPSA, MPSA. Photographing the churches and other old civic buildings that surround the Mission Inn is also planned. There is a limit of ten participants per walk-about.
California Baptist University (CBU), Yeager Center
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, California 92504
Maps and Places to Stay
• California Baptist University
• Driving directions
• GPS Location
• Places to stay near CBU
• University of California, Riverside: California Museum of Photography; 3824 Main Street, Riverside, CA 92501;
12:00 to 5:00 pm; exhibitions; (951) 827-4787; $3, seniors (60+) free.
• The Mission Inn Museum docent led tours; 3649 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92501; tour times and routes
vary, each walking tour lasts approximately 75 minutes; reservations (951) 788-9556; $13.
• The Mission Inn Afternoon Tea, 3649 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92501; Friday 2:00 to 4:00 pm; menu;
reservations (888) 326-4448, $29.
• The Mission Inn Sunday Champagne Brunch, 3649 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92501; 9:30 am to 2:00 pm;
menu; reservations (888) 326-4448, $42.
• Contact the Chapter Chair
PSA Chapters Gallery
For many years the PSA Chapters provided a quarterly print exhibition at PSA Headquarters. With few people able to see these prints, in 2010 the PSA Chapters began providing a quarterly digital exhibition on the PSA web site for many to see. Following a pre-determined schedule, one Chapter submits fifteen digital images from fifteen different Chapter members to the PSA Chapters Gallery each quarter. The Southern California Roundup Chapter provided the 2nd quarter 2012 gallery.
For information about camera clubs see Southern California Council of Camera Clubs